Friday, June 16, 2017

06.16.17; Dodgers vs. Reds


Fun game - what I could see of it, at least. There are a few issues with my scorecard I'd like to clarify.

     In the first inning, Utley's out should be recorded as 3-1, as the first baseman fed the ball to the pitcher who recorded the out.

     In the third inning, I am not sure if Taylor was credited with a base hit or a double. I took the announcers' suggestion that it was a double.

     In the fourth inning, Grandal was out on a great catch by the shortstop, who ran well past the third baseline to make the play. I put a star on my card to note it.

2 comments:

  1. Very cool. I used to keep score myself, especially when I was in college and I listened to games on the radio. I stopped following baseball for several years when we first moved to Ohio (I'm a die-hard Orioles fan), but then got a subscription to MLBTV online. This year they started posting "condensed games" which is great because I now get to watch every game again (well, the 20-minute version of every game) all summer long, something I haven't done since I was in college.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That's so cool that you keep score as well. I'm not sure how common it is. I wonder what's more esoteric: keeping a scorecard or playing rpgs!

      I, too, am a fan of MLB TV. I've had to go one step further by subscribing to a VPN so I can get around the local broadcast blackouts. The downside is that my baseball addiction is way out of control. Ha!

      Delete